Although, some believe, holding an Open House, is key to the sale of a house, in reality, it is, just, one, component, in an overall marketing/ selling plan and system. While, nearly every real estate agent conducts these events, the value of them, often, substantially differs, dependent upon, how they are used, and conducted. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 extremely important, key steps, to make them, as successful, as they might be. Unless/ until, these are done, effectively, and efficiently, there is the risk, they are wasted, in terms of time, money, effort, energy, and potential results.
1. Marketing/ promoting: The best results come from, determining the best approach/ way, to market and promote them. Which advertising media, might make the most sense, for this particular property? Why do you believe so? How will you achieve, the most, bang – for – the – buck? Start by identifying, the niche, if any, this house and property, fits, best, in, and, then, investigate the best options, to attract, the right, qualified, potential buyers. While everyone wants a big crowd, to be attracted to their Open House, unless/ until, it is, predominantly, real buyers, rather than house – hunters, you will probably not achieve the most desirable objective!
2. Greeting/ welcoming: You only get one chance, to make a first impression. This adage, is true, for, both, the house/ property, itself, in terms of curb appeal, staging, eliminating odors/ clutter, and other negatives. It is also true, of the agent conducting it, and how he greets, and meets, people, at the door, whether they feel welcome, and appreciated, and, directs them, forward.
3. Sign – in: You won’t be able to follow – through, effectively, until/ unless, you get, as much information, as possible, about everyone who attends. While I prefer to get them to, sign – in, via a digital tablet, at least, it’s very important to. at least, get them to do it manually. How can you follow – up, if you don’t have this? When you use a digital program/ application, you can stream – line the process, by automatically, transmitting follow – up, emails, immediately.
4. Show/ Questions and Answers: How well you show the house, often, depends on, how comfortably, you welcome and encourage questions, with genuine empathy, and the thoroughness of your answers/ responses!
5. Follow – up: A real estate agent should consider an Open House, both, as marketing for the subject house, as well as, for you, as an agent. Will you stand – out from the crowd, by being proactive, etc? Use the opportunity to, both, follow – up, for selling this property, as well as making appointments, to show other houses, to those, who aren’t that interested in this one.
Open – houses require much care, attention, time, effort, and expenditures. Doesn’t it make sense, to get them, to get, the most, bang – for – the – buck?Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg