We all know how unhealthy is the food we buy from the supermarket. So why not get some autonomy and eat our own food? There are many ways you can do that – you could plant tomatoes and other nice vegetables but what about protein?
A lot of people have decided that raising chicken might actually be a great idea. It’s rather cheap and you get a lot of benefits form that. First of all you have the eggs almost every day and from time to time you can even have some meat.
So how much does it cost? The only thing which is a bit more expensive is the chicken coop but there are lots of chicken houses for sale out there so it’s only a matter of choosing well. So here are 5 tricks to make a great investment:
- 1. Don’t buy plastic. Would you like to live in a plastic house? How would you feel? The first and most elementary trick is not to buy plastic houses. There are lots of them especially on eBay but the truth is that chicken won’t lay eggs if they live in such a house. Plastic doesn’t „breathe“ so your chicken will feel really sick while inside the coop. During the winter plastic keeps old and during the summer it makes things really hot. So avoid plastic chicken houses by all means!
- 2. Chicken need space. You might now have known, but chicken are very social animals. They feel good when they can interact and when they can hang out. They have conflicts and „friendships“ and these social events keep them healthy. So the last thing you want to do is to keep them clustered in a small space. Try to buy a run with the house and try to give them some freedom.
- 3. It should be a one-time investment. A chicken house is an investment, but it should be a one-time investment. You don’t have to buy a new coop every year. So try to find chicken houses for sale which last. Look for hard real wood and not some cheap house. Better pay once and a little more than pay every year. It’s just not worth it.
- 4. Choose according to the number of chicken you want to raise. How many chicken do you want to raise? Decide on the number before starting the shopping spree. It’s important that the size of the chicken house and run is adequate to the number of hen you will have.
- 5. Automate your work. Finally you also need to think about yourself. Do you want to clean every single day and make it a very difficult job or would you rather buy a litter? How about waking up in the morning? Why not buy an automated door which can be set to open at 7am so you can stay more in bed. Automation is great and it will make your life so much easier.
I hope you found those tricks useful. So now you should start looking for the best and a great place to start is here – Chicken Houses for Sale.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg